Prepare your Trip
Important to know
All travellers to Mauritius must be vaccinated with 2 doses and carry out a PCR test BEFORE arrival.
The National COVID-19 Vaccination Committee has validated the following vaccines for all inbound foreigners and Mauritians.
- AstraZeneca: Covishield
- AstraZeneca: Vaxzevria
- Johnson & Johnson
BEFORE travelling please refer to the official Website for the latest entry regulations:
Important – AIRPORT ARRIVAL
- Stay in one of the island’s villas, bungalows, guest houses, B&Bs or your home
- It is mandatory to arrange COVID-19 insurance health cover (Mauritian citizens, resident permit holders and occupational permit holders are exempted)
- You will be required to take a free PCR test on arrival at the airport (day 0).
- You can explore the island after you receive a negative result from your PCR test on day 0
- Prior to travel, it is compulsory for all travellers to fill out the digital Mauritius All in One travel form, which you can access via the link below. It will generate a PDF document with a QR Code, which must be presented to Health Officials on arrival at Mauritius Airport.
- At the moment, you also need to fill out the Immigration Disembarkation Card, which will be handed to you during your flight to Mauritius. Please submit this to the Immigration Officials on arrival at Mauritius Airport.
REGISTRATION HERE : ALL IN ONE TRAVEL FORM
- You must be fully vaccinated to freely explore our island and its attractions throughout your holiday
- You must present a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours from your last point of embarkation
- COVID-19 testing will be required upon arrival (day 0) and on day 5 of your stay – SELF
These ENTRY REGULATIONS can change at ANY TIME, PLEASE REFER TO OFFICIAL WEBSITES from Mauritian Authorities
DISCLAIMER: All GUESTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CHECKING THE ACCURACY OF ENTRY REGULATIONS AND RELEVANT FACTS – Beach House Rental Ltd cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracy of the stated links.
Climate / Weather
Mauritius is blessed with a tropical climate.
On the coast, the dry and windy tropical weather makes a pleasant climate throughout the year.
Mild in winter (June, July August) with an average temperature of 20/25°, it is warmer in summer (November, December, January) with an average of 30/35°. The temperature goes down markedly, however, in the hilly hinterland. Only in winter, one needs to bring along something warm for a few cool evenings.
What can you expect … Looking for a guaranteed weather ?
See when that all-important holiday ingredient suits you the best. When thinking of Mauritian’s weather your thoughts probably drift to hot sunny days with clear blue skies. The climate changes from north to south. Coastal areas have very different weather from the central inland regions.
The summer months are from December to March and sun is guaranteed. Temperatures are hot and humid – from around 22°C to 31°C. However due to high humidity the temperature “feels much higher”.
Sea temperature 27°C
From June to September is very pleasant indeed. Those are the cooler month of the year and perfect for touring and sightseeing. The temperature varies from 16°C to 26°C and it is dry, cool and windy.
Sea temperature 24°C
The cyclone season for Mauritius is normally from December to February but Mauritius was not affected from a real tropical cyclone since a few years.
The website of www.world-weather-travellers-guide.com offers detailed information about the weather in Mauritius.
Like to know what the weather will be when you are on vacation ?
Click on your holiday month which leads you to the website mentioned above (Source world-weather-travellers-guide.com)
First, you will be able to find almost everything here to buy.
What to bring, what to pack:
- Swimming costumes
- Sun glasses – most essential for a cool outfit on the beach
- 30+ Sunscreen
- Cap or hat – makes your beach look perfect
- Phone charger, Camera/Battery charger
- Small torch
- Kids essentials – inflatable armbands, Rash Guard Shirts
- Walking Shoes for touring, Beach Sandals
- Bestseller Book
- A big smile and a good sense of humour
Beyond the established Creole food, hotels and restaurants offer International, Indian, Italian and Chinese food.
See our Tips for Restaurants and Bars in Mauritius our Gastronomic Specialities
The most comfortable way to get around is a Taxi for reasonable prices.
IMPORTANT – arrange the price before departure, most of the taxis have a fixed price!
are modern and at moderate prices. An international driving license is to be preferred. Driving is on the left side of the road.
there are regular and well distributed services. Comfort is poor but tickets extremely cheap.
This is not the official bus time table of Mauritius but lovely done and worth a try Mauritius-Buses.com
Bus Timetable – The Official Guide for Public Bus Transport Services http://nta.gov.mu/English